Today Justin, Leila and I went to the doctor for my first trimester screen ultrasound. This is the one where they take measurements and do a little blood work to determine if the baby has any genetic defects mainly Down's Syndrome. Every looked great today. All the measurements where in the normal range. The baby is almost 5 cm long, still just an itty bitty and the heartbeat was 160 bpm. Yesterday I was 12 weeks along, its going by fast! We'll probably be able to tell the sex by mid March. I tried to get the tech to tell me today, but she says when its so early its really hard to be certain so she didn't want to make any guesses. I can't make up my mind what I think we are having. Everyone wants it to be a boy, especially since we have no boys on my side of the family!! I'd be happy with either. Here are a couple of ultrasound shots of Jengo.
Thumb Sucking
Profile shot
Full body shot, see that little footie at the bottom?



No comments:
Post a Comment