Saturday, January 10, 2009

Baptism and Birthday Party

On January 4th we had Leila's baptism and birthday party. It turned out great. The baptism was at the Christ's Episcopal Church right down the street from our house. I really liked the church and the priest was super nice. I'll probably start going to that church with Leila. I'd like her to be able to go to Sunday School when she gets older, and it seemed that they had a bunch of kids there. She did really well during the baptism, I thought she would have cried a little, but instead she was trying to reach the water herself. Here are some pictures of her in her pretty dress. Her Godparents, Melissa and Matt, got her a beautiful garnet cross. (garnet is her birthstone.) Oma and Pops got her an i.d. bracelet with a cross and St. Christopher the Protector pendant. Both very beautiful.




















The birthday party was right after the baptism. We all came back to our house for cake and presents. The turnout was really good, from California we had a lot of Justin's family show up, Nona, Grandpa and GramPam, Great Aunts Linda and Chantal, Cousin Ryan and his girlfriend Nichole, and my brother Daniel. From Houston we had Oma and Pops, Melissa, Matt, and the girlies. Our really good friends Clint and Rhiannon joined us too. We had a Tinkerbell themed party, the cake was beautiful and purple, Leila loved it! She made out like a bandit in the gift department, lots of books, puzzles, toys, and tons of clothes! She is very stylish! It all turned out great and I am glad so many people came out here to share her first birthday with us. It means a lot to have family around.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails