I am really excited about the new health plan we are undertaking in the Barrios household! Justin and I have decided it is time for us to get healthy. It's time. Justin could stand to lose a few pounds, he gained all the weight that I could not during my pregnancies! I admit, when I was pregnant with the girls I was horrible about always cooking dinner. A lot of nights I would have Justin stop on his way home to pick us up some burgers, or I would cook a frozen something or other because I could not muster up the energy to fix us something healthy. Well that has caught up with us! We are going on a healthy diet. We have drastically cut our carb intake, the carbs we do have are now all whole grains; brown rice, whole grain pasta and bread. I have upped our veggie intake too, by a lot! I am trying to make vegetables more of the focus of the dinner, along with a lean protein. So far it's been going great. I have made a couple of super yummy meals, for example, pecan crusted catfish with oven roasted peppers and asparagus, balsamic chicken with garlic spinach and thyme skillet pork chops. In addition to the change in diet we've also started exercising. Every night after dinner Justin and I take the girls for a long walk around the neighborhood. Its about a 2 and 1/2 mile walk which we are working up to a jog. I think the plan is next week to start jogging it and then work up to a run. I jogged half of it and actually didn't feel like my lungs were going to explode which made me pretty excited. I've never been much of a runner my whole life! In the afternoons I've been doing my EA Active. Its a workout game on the Wii. I was kind of sceptical of this since I tried Wii Fit before and it was hardly a workout! EA Active is actually a pretty good workout! By the time I am finished I am covered in sweat and I have been sore for this past week! If anything it will tone up my muscles while the jogging at night burns the fat.
So far we've only been on this new health plan for a week, but we're already seeing some good results. Justin has lost 6 pounds! I've lost 3. I'm not too worried about losing weight, I just would like to tone up my "mommy tummy"! I think the best part of all of this is setting the good example for the girls. I want them to grow up watching us eat healthy and taking care of our health. I am happy to set a good healthy foundation for them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment