Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Leila Evelyn!!

I cannot believe she is 2 years old. How did that happen? If feels like yesterday Justin and I were bringing her home from the hospital and trying to figure out how to take care of a tiny baby on our own. I've learned so much from her, I've felt so much more love than I could have ever imagined. I've been so afraid for her when she's been hurt, or had a temperature of 103 degree that it felt my heart had fallen out of my chest. It's only been 2 years, yet I feel as though I've had a lifetime of emotions with this baby girl already!

Leila at 2 days old


Leila's 1st Birthday Party


Leila's 2nd Birthday Party


We had Leila's birthday party on the 2nd so that my family, who were already here for New Year's, could stay and celebrate with us. We had a Backyardigan cupcake cake with bright green icing!

It was super yummy, Leila doesn't know that though because she refused to try it! She's a shy girl and doesn't really care to be the center of attention, so when everyone was singing Happy Birthday to her she got a little overwhelmed and started crying! It probably didn't help that it was also during her usual naptime. Once the singing was over the tears subsided, but she still didn't want to try cake, so we skipped that part and went right to the fun part, PRESENTS!

She got a table top easel from Auntie Melissa and O-Mac (Uncle Matt), a cute game and book from Uncle Greg and Aunt Pam, Jammies and a contribution to her education trust (!) from Oma and Pops and a "motorcycle" (tricycle) from Mommy and Daddy. The rest of the day was spent riding and pushing her babies on her tricycle. It was a great party! Today we are going to have some leftover cupcakes with just the 4 of us. We'll see if tonight she'll be more cooperative and blow out her candles!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Leila! That trike is pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEILA! CAN'T BELIEVE IT MYSELF, ALREADY TWO YEARS OLD! LOVE YOUR CAKE! HOPE YOU HAD A FUN DAY RIDING YOUR BIKE. HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON! LOVE GREAT AUNTIE LINDA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails