Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Great Blizzard of 2010!!






LoL!! Ok, not quite, but this is a lot of snow for the Austin area! The weather man has told us before that we have had a chance for snow but usually all we ever get is sleet and ice. Last night they were saying we had a good chance for snow all day today. I was shocked when I woke up this morning to a white backyard! We got Leila all geared up in her thermals, sweatshirt and big pink jacket. Beanie, gloves and...tennis shoes! Yeah, we aren't really prepared for snow events down here! She had so much fun running around in the snow, listening to the crunching sound her shoes made, trying to catch snowflakes on her tongue and helping me build a snowman family. We decided we should let Emmalene partake in the fun too, so I bundled her up in her snow fleece coveralls (which she is almost too big for, I couldn't get the hood on), put on her beanie and wrapped her up in a blanket. It was still cold on her little face and she didn't really enjoy it, but at least she got to experience it. Even if she wont remember, there will be videos!










1 comment:

  1. Those little snowmen are so cute! I'm glad you got some snow so the girls got to experience it. We can always ship some of ours to your house lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails