Saturday, March 20, 2010

First week of work

I officially finished my first 40 hours. I am exhausted! Its not the 8 hour shifts, all I am doing right now is training on a computer, it is the waking up early that is killing me! You would think I would be used to it after having 2 babies, but I never had to get up and get moving right away with them, and as most of you know I am NOT a morning person! I like my job so far. Its hard to tell how it will be actually working at the bank, since right now I am just in an office building learning on modules. It seems like it will be pretty interesting. I won't start in the bank until I get back from California on April 5th, next week is another training week!

On the home front Justin and the girls are doing really well. Leila loves having her Daddy home to play with, and the first half of the week Auntie and the Taylor girls came up since it was spring break. Leila is in Heaven when her cousins are here, I don't even think she noticed I was not here. Emmalene is being difficult. She is having a hard time transitioning to bottle feedings. She has refused a bottle pretty much her whole life, she would prefer to nurse. I thought that if it came down to it and she was hungry she would take the bottle!--well not so much. For the entire 8 hours that I am gone she maybe drinks 3 sometimes 4 ounces. And that is over a stretched out period of time. We've tried tons of different bottles and nipples (fast, medium, slow), she just doesn't like it! She does eat a lot more of her lunch now though. So I guess it evens out. I was worried that I would miss all of her new tricks while I was at work, but lucky for me she waited until I got home one night to do something new. She got herself into a sitting up position all on her own! It was pretty amazing. She's growing up so fast. She just turned 8 months old on Thursday. I don't know where the time is going, but it seems like she was just born! She gets up on her hands and knees all the time and tries to move herself forward but can't seem to get the hang of it just yet. She can still get around though, her preferred mode of travel is steamrolling across the living room. She's really fast too! You have to keep a close eye on her because she loves cords! The other day she got herself all wrapped up in my computer cord and almost pulled it down oh her. It is time to baby proof once again.
Here is Emmie sitting up all on her own


Here is Leila video chatting with Uncle Dan

1 comment:

  1. It'll take some getting used to waking up early and getting going. I hope that the bottle transition goes better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails