In case you aren't familiar with online forum speak, SAHM stands for stay at home mom, and today is my last day. Tomorrow I will re-enter the working world. I have mixed emotions about this. On one hand, I am really excited to be getting back into the real world. Being able to have adult conversations every day that do not revolve around diaper changes or how much one has had to eat. Or having a reason to change out of my pjs, other than that is just the acceptable human thing to do before noon! But on the other hand I have spent every waking moment with these two little angels. The one and only time Leila has been away from me was during the birth of her sister, she went to spend a week with her Auntie, O-Mac and cousins. Now I am going to miss a good chunk of their day. I won't be able to say I was there for every single milestone. Emmalene is getting up on her hands and knees, this is new as of today, and there's a good chance that she will start her crawling attack while I'm gone. This breaks my heart just a little bit.
Today was an awesome day to celebrate my last SAHM day. The weather was an incredible 80 degrees. The sun was warm and there was the slightest breeze. It was a perfect day! Leila, Emmalene and I weeded and planted new flowers in our flower garden this afternoon. Well, I did all of the above while Leila colored with chalk and pushed around her stroller and Emmie sat in her bouncer and took in the sights. I bought marigolds and some pretty orange flowers, red flowers and white and purple flowers. I also got some tulips that are just about to bloom, they're my all time favorite flower! I plan on adding more to the garden in a couple of weeks, I want it to be full of flowers! But I didn't want to spend too much money today, so I have to add in waves.



We finally bought a new propane tank for our grill yesterday, so after a long day of working out front we all sat out back and grilled up some dinner. I am so glad it is grilling weather again! Leila had a blast running around the backyard playing in our over-grown bushes.

Best of luck to you as you re-enter the working world! No doubt it'll be tough being away from your 2 beautiful girls.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait til spring and summer with all the green and flowers. I'm so ready for it!