Now for Barfs Magarfs, aka Leila. One night after a late night barf-isode it dawned on me that she gets really barfy when she's eaten oranges with dinner. I thought maybe its acid reflux, I know I get acid reflux so bad sometimes it makes me sick to my stomach. So we decided to cut out acidic food for Leila and see how that helps her. We stopped giving her citrus, chocolate milk and tomatoes. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since her change in diet and we haven't had one late night barf! **knock on wood** and we've noticed since her diet change that her appetite has increased. So maybe this whole time all her eating/weight issues just comes down to a little bit of acid reflux. Only time will tell I guess. Last week she was weighed and she finally broke 23 pounds so maybe it is working.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Update on our skinny minis
Just another stop in our weight gain journey, the doctor wanted to the girls to be tested for Celiac's Disease. So two weeks ago we had to take the girls to the lab to have their blood drawn. Let me tell you how much fun it is to hold down a 2 year old and an eleven month old while they draw a vile of blood out of their arm! We also tested Leila for the major food allergies because she's been having barfing episodes more frequently at night out of nowhere. Those are fun. The doctor finally called me back this morning with the results of their tests. NO Celiac's and NO allergies! This is excellent news, Celiac's was not something I was ready to deal with! The only thing of concern that came up on Emmalene was an elevated thyroid level, but when retested it was in the normal range, and since she's never been in the low range of her height it's not really anything the doc is concerned with. The pediatrician also sent an email over to the GI doctor, Dr. Jatla that we saw last year telling him about all the test she did and that Emmalene was having the same issues as Leila and asked him what he thought about all this. He said that since all the tests came back negative he thinks they are just petite girls (what I've been saying all along!!) and that he doesn't recommend anymore testing! Thank goodness!! I think they'll finally let our little girls just be tiny little girls!! No more weight checks, no more blood test!
Now for Barfs Magarfs, aka Leila. One night after a late night barf-isode it dawned on me that she gets really barfy when she's eaten oranges with dinner. I thought maybe its acid reflux, I know I get acid reflux so bad sometimes it makes me sick to my stomach. So we decided to cut out acidic food for Leila and see how that helps her. We stopped giving her citrus, chocolate milk and tomatoes. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since her change in diet and we haven't had one late night barf! **knock on wood** and we've noticed since her diet change that her appetite has increased. So maybe this whole time all her eating/weight issues just comes down to a little bit of acid reflux. Only time will tell I guess. Last week she was weighed and she finally broke 23 pounds so maybe it is working.
Now for Barfs Magarfs, aka Leila. One night after a late night barf-isode it dawned on me that she gets really barfy when she's eaten oranges with dinner. I thought maybe its acid reflux, I know I get acid reflux so bad sometimes it makes me sick to my stomach. So we decided to cut out acidic food for Leila and see how that helps her. We stopped giving her citrus, chocolate milk and tomatoes. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since her change in diet and we haven't had one late night barf! **knock on wood** and we've noticed since her diet change that her appetite has increased. So maybe this whole time all her eating/weight issues just comes down to a little bit of acid reflux. Only time will tell I guess. Last week she was weighed and she finally broke 23 pounds so maybe it is working.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Very happy to hear all the tests came back neg for Celiac and allergies. Sometimes kids are just small! It does sound like she did have the reflux. Glad the barfing episodes have stopped.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update on my girls. I don't do Face Book! They are getting cuter by the day. Buy some bullets now Justin, before the demos ban them.
ReplyDelete