Well, I started this post over a week ago but never published it. So I have more to add! Today is Father's Day. This weekend my sister and family came up to visit again. For Father's Day Matt wanted to come up to Austin to try out a BBQ place called The Green Mesquite. It was pretty good BBQ, we sat outside and it was HOT!! The girls had fun playing in the dirty rocks under the table (very hard for a germ-a-phob Mom to watch). The rest of the time they were up here we pretty much sat in the backyard soaking up the sun--or in my case burning up in the sun--drinking some beers and letting the kids play in the pool. The way a Father's Day weekend is supposed to be! This afternoon we're just taking it easy, Justin actually has to go to work :-( Emmie is taking the world's longest nap (recovering from a super fun cousin filled weekend) and Leila and I just got mani/pedi's (courtesy of yours truly). I hope all you dads out there have a wonderful Father's Day!
Friday, June 11, 2010
Cousins! and a little Father's Day!!
Melissa came up this week with her girls to visit for a few days since they just started their summer. The girls had so much fun playing together. I was happy to be able to take a few days off work to hang out with them. We let the girls play outside a lot in the little pool and one of the days we took them over to a nearby park that has a splash pad. It was a rainy day, but that worked to our advantage, the splash pad was totally empty when we showed up!










Well, I started this post over a week ago but never published it. So I have more to add! Today is Father's Day. This weekend my sister and family came up to visit again. For Father's Day Matt wanted to come up to Austin to try out a BBQ place called The Green Mesquite. It was pretty good BBQ, we sat outside and it was HOT!! The girls had fun playing in the dirty rocks under the table (very hard for a germ-a-phob Mom to watch). The rest of the time they were up here we pretty much sat in the backyard soaking up the sun--or in my case burning up in the sun--drinking some beers and letting the kids play in the pool. The way a Father's Day weekend is supposed to be! This afternoon we're just taking it easy, Justin actually has to go to work :-( Emmie is taking the world's longest nap (recovering from a super fun cousin filled weekend) and Leila and I just got mani/pedi's (courtesy of yours truly). I hope all you dads out there have a wonderful Father's Day!






Well, I started this post over a week ago but never published it. So I have more to add! Today is Father's Day. This weekend my sister and family came up to visit again. For Father's Day Matt wanted to come up to Austin to try out a BBQ place called The Green Mesquite. It was pretty good BBQ, we sat outside and it was HOT!! The girls had fun playing in the dirty rocks under the table (very hard for a germ-a-phob Mom to watch). The rest of the time they were up here we pretty much sat in the backyard soaking up the sun--or in my case burning up in the sun--drinking some beers and letting the kids play in the pool. The way a Father's Day weekend is supposed to be! This afternoon we're just taking it easy, Justin actually has to go to work :-( Emmie is taking the world's longest nap (recovering from a super fun cousin filled weekend) and Leila and I just got mani/pedi's (courtesy of yours truly). I hope all you dads out there have a wonderful Father's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think Kyndra would have fun at a splash pad like that.
ReplyDelete