Wednesday, April 8, 2009

15 months

On Monday Leila turned 15 months. Wow can you believe it? She's a toddler now, no longer my little bitty baby. :*( She is on the go all the time now! She walks like a pro, and she is very fast! She hardly ever crawls now, in fact yesterday she was crawling and I said why are you crawling like a baby? She just started laughing...I think she was playing kitty. She is saying new words, and even putting words together for very small sentences. This morning when I went into her room to get her up she said "Hi Mama!"! She like to "sing" songs all day long, and she loves to play Daddy's drums! She is very in tune with music, maybe she will be lucky and inherit Daddy's musical ability, because she definitely wont get any from me!!

Monday I took her for her 15 month check-up. As I've told you before her weight gain has been an issue her whole life, so we were looking for a good gain this month. Well of course our luck has it that Leila gets sick the weekend before her appointment and refused to eat anything other than breakfast for 3 days! That does not help our efforts!! At her appointment she weighed 16 pounds 12 ounces, a 6 ounce gain in one month. The doctor wanted to see at least a pound. She did grow a whole inch though! She is now 29 inches long. So she is my tall and skinny girl, my future ballerina! She had to get two shots and a prick on the toe to check her iron level (which was normal). Other than her weight, she had a good check-up. The is super healthy! The doctor is giving us an extra two weeks to try to gain since we had the set back the weekend before with the hunger strike. So we will return to the doc, yet again, in two weeks. Depending on her weight at the point we will decide where to go from there. If she hasn't gained enough weight to satisfy her doctor we will be sent to a GI doctor. He will run a few tests on Leila to make sure everything is working properly and that there isn't an underlying problem causing her lack of gain. Her doctor and I both agree that there is most likely nothing going on since Leila is doing so well in all other areas of development. I would rather be safe than sorry when it comes to the health of my child so I wont protest checking into it. The GI doctor can also prescribe a special even higher calorie drink for her to help pack on even more pounds. (maybe that will be cheaper than pediasure since it will be covered by insurance!!)

So that's the update for our little girl, healthy, active, happy, small! I'll update after he next appointment in 2 weeks.


1 comment:

  1. Grandpa and GrandPam are glad to see that you are growing up so cute!! We hope you are all doing well. Lots of Love and Kisses.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails