Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stop feeding that girl healthy food!

This morning I took Leila over to the GI doctor's office, Dr. Jatla, who may very well be the tallest man I have ever met in my life! He had to duck to get in the doorway! Anyway, that is beside the point. First we weighed and measured Leila, she weighs 17.37 pounds and is 30 inches long. (That's a half an inch since her last appointment 9 days ago!!) She did really well this time not very much crying. We went over her charts he asked me what a normal day's diet consisted of and so on. We had blood work done a few months back with everything coming back normal except one number was low, I'm not sure what it was called, but something about how she processes calories...I don't know, I'm not a doctor! Anyway he wasn't concerned about that number at all. He said if I wanted to we could do some blood work today to test for some obscure diseases or to check if her thyroid was working properly, but again he wasn't concerned about that and said that the probability of it being one of those issues was like 1%, so I said no. If we need to we will do that at a later visit. The doctor guesses that Leila is not getting enough calories....still! Oh my gosh you guys know how hard I try! He said she need 1000 calories a day and I need to give her pretty much junk! He said stop giving her fruit since it doesn't have very many calories and goes right through her, no more dry crackers, cheerios or puffs. Instead he wants me to give her breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack before bed. Bottles of pediasure only as a treat if she finishes her meals. I have to put cheese, butter, mayo, heavy cream, vegetable oil and ice cream on as much stuff as possible. Bacon and sausage for breakfast with her cheesy eggs. Hot dogs and tator tots, pretty much the most unhealthy you can make your food! This is going to be hard for me because I eat pretty healthy and have always tried to feed my daughter healthy, lots of fruit and veggies, lean meat and so on. I also got a website I need to go look at with a shake called scandishake that is 600 calories per 8 oz. Holy Moly! That's more than half of what she would need all day. He said I can ask for samples from them, so I am guessing the shake is probably pretty expensive. I wonder if she will like it, cause that would be a great help! We go back to Dr. Jatla's office in one month. He said he wants to see at least a pound, but would be even happier with 2! So we've got our work cut out for us!

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of her! She get's her doctor to prescribe junk food? Man I hope she likes bacon & cheese! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! No poking this time! I am glad that he thinks she just needs more junk...I am jealous! That is great news!~Monica from CM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails