Monday, September 21, 2009

2 months already??



Time has just been flying by! I can't believe my tiny baby is already two months old. We have been super busy since her arrival; traveling back and forth to Houston 4 times! I guess being so non-stop will cause time to fly! This morning Emmalene had her two month well baby visit. I was really excited to see how she was gaining. Of course you all know Leila's weight gain battles, so I was hoping and praying that Emmalene wasn't going to follow in her sister's footsteps. So far it looks like Miss Emm will not have a problem putting the pounds on, she weighed in today at 9 pounds 7 ounces! Even though it is still tiny as she is only in the 15th percentile, she had a gain of 3+ pounds since her last visit! The doctor was very pleased with her weight and I was super excited to see a dot plotted on the chart instead of below! She grew a couple of inches too, measuring at 21 1/2 inches, the 15th %, and her noggin is 38 cm, in the 30th %. Poor little girl had to get 3 pokes on the leg and a liquid something or other. I think the drink was flu prevention but I can't ever keep all those vax straight! She's pretty grumpy right now and is probably planning to snooze the rest of the day, I think she's earned the right! As for all her developmental milestones, she's right where she needs to be. We've been working on tummy time and she's got really good neck strength and head control. She's starting to get more interactive smiling and cooing and trying so hard to get a little laugh out. I think she'll be laughing soon. She is such a happy baby, well when she's not a gassy baby! We discovered in her first few weeks of life that she does not tolerate dairy well and it gives her a super upset stomach. So I cut dairy out of my diet since she is an exclusively breast fed baby so she can be more comfortable. A week and a half ago I tried just a little bit of cheese to see if she had out grown her intolerance yet and sadly she has not! We are still suffering the consequences of that! It can take 7 to 10 days for dairy to get out of mine and her system! All in all she is a very happy healthy baby.



Miss Leila did not have a doctor's appointment today (we don't have to take her back until she's 2!!) but I can give you a quick Leila update as well. Leila has decided that she was going to go ahead and enter her terrible two's 6 months early, so my days are filled with lots of temper tantrums! Other than the occasional tantrum, she's a really good little girl. She is a sweet big sister, she always wants to pat Emmie's head and make sure she is ok when she is crying and cover her up with blankets when she is on the floor. She is starting to say more words now too. She'll copy what we say like a little parrot, which can be really funny but also pretty bad! We've come up with some pretty creative words to censor ourselves! Leila has been having a rough couple of months. Somehow she keeps getting sick. It seems everything that is going around Leila will catch. She is just now getting over something horrible, I think it was the flu since she ran a fever a couple of times and now Justin seems to have picked it up. She just got over a cold a week before she got this nasty bug! Before that she had some other bug or it could have been a reaction to her shots, but either way it wasn't fun. Hopefully now that she's already had all the sicknesses this year we can be done with the illnesses!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great checkup for Emmalene!! Yay! Leila sounds just like Bailey Alyse when it comes to entering those terrible two's just a bit too early!!! Im glad her fever is gone, but I hope she doesn't have what Bailey Alyse just had. She ran a high fever for about 5 or 6 days then after it finally broke she broke out in an awful rash from head to toe and it ended up being Roseola, yuck!! I'm glad y'all are doing well! Take care, peace! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like they are both doing great. I can't believe Emmalene is 2 months! Time really does fly. Sometimes I wish we could rewind and play it back in slow motion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that the little ones are growing and are healthy! they are very beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails