This morning we had a doctor visit scheduled for Miss Emmalene. She is already 4 months old today!! We also tacked on a follow-up visit for Leila to check to make sure her ear infection was totally cleared up. I don't think that was necessary and was kind of irritated that they charged us for an appointment to check in her ears, but then we ended up getting Leila a couple of shots so we got our co-pay's worth!
Poor Leilabug, she's still scared of the doctor. As soon as we went behind the door she started crying. She was weighed and finally broke the 20 pound mark! She was 20 pounds 7 ounces. She's been eating so much better since I took her off the Scandishake. I think those were way too filling because after she had one she did not want to eat anything for the rest of the day! Now she just has whole milk and
sometimes she gets chocolate milk, which she loves. I'm happy to be done with Scandishake, that stuff really adds up after a while. Leila's ears were totally clear which is good but we've determined that she suffers from seasonal allergies (go figure since both Mommy and Daddy do did she really have a chance??) so we'll have to deal with lots of snotty noses, coughs and sneezies. Good for us Leila thinks medicine is a treat, so giving her Children's Zyrtec is a breeze. She got poked twice this morning. I felt bad since I told her she wouldn't get any shots today. She got a shot that she was supposed to have at her 18 month check-up that I guess they had run out of at the time, I think it was Hib, and she got her H1N1 vaccine. She only cried for a minute and was easily distracted by a lolly-pop and a crab bath toy.
sometimes she gets chocolate milk, which she loves. I'm happy to be done with Scandishake, that stuff really adds up after a while. Leila's ears were totally clear which is good but we've determined that she suffers from seasonal allergies (go figure since both Mommy and Daddy do did she really have a chance??) so we'll have to deal with lots of snotty noses, coughs and sneezies. Good for us Leila thinks medicine is a treat, so giving her Children's Zyrtec is a breeze. She got poked twice this morning. I felt bad since I told her she wouldn't get any shots today. She got a shot that she was supposed to have at her 18 month check-up that I guess they had run out of at the time, I think it was Hib, and she got her H1N1 vaccine. She only cried for a minute and was easily distracted by a lolly-pop and a crab bath toy.Emmalene had her 4 month well baby visit today. She weighed 11 pounds
2 ounces! This is huge for one of our babies, however I guess it's small for most babies since it only puts her in the 6th percentile! She seems big to me with her cute little rolly-polly thighs. She measured 24 inches long! Which puts her in the 30-35th percentile for height. So just like her sister she's going to be tall and skinny, but hopefully not too skinny!! Oh and her dome measured at 40 1/4 cm. (30%). Developmentally Emmalene is doing everything she is supposed to be by four months. She's got a little bit of a tilt in her neck like Leila did at this age (torticollis) and since Justin and I are old pros at this we are going to do some stretches and such on our own for a month to see if we can't beat it. If it's not corrected in a month I got a number for the early childhood intervention and they will send a physical therapist to the house to help us. Emmalene got poked twice today too and got an oral vaccination too, all together were 5 vaccines Dtap, Polio, Hib, pnumococcal and rotavirus. She did not like that one bit! Poor thing. She was a trooper though and only cried for about a minute before giving up and taking a snooze.
2 ounces! This is huge for one of our babies, however I guess it's small for most babies since it only puts her in the 6th percentile! She seems big to me with her cute little rolly-polly thighs. She measured 24 inches long! Which puts her in the 30-35th percentile for height. So just like her sister she's going to be tall and skinny, but hopefully not too skinny!! Oh and her dome measured at 40 1/4 cm. (30%). Developmentally Emmalene is doing everything she is supposed to be by four months. She's got a little bit of a tilt in her neck like Leila did at this age (torticollis) and since Justin and I are old pros at this we are going to do some stretches and such on our own for a month to see if we can't beat it. If it's not corrected in a month I got a number for the early childhood intervention and they will send a physical therapist to the house to help us. Emmalene got poked twice today too and got an oral vaccination too, all together were 5 vaccines Dtap, Polio, Hib, pnumococcal and rotavirus. She did not like that one bit! Poor thing. She was a trooper though and only cried for about a minute before giving up and taking a snooze. We don't have to take either girl back until January 19th for Leila's 2 year (can you believe we are closing in on 2 years??!) and Emmalene's 6 month well baby visits.

No comments:
Post a Comment