Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving: a week in photos.

Thanksgiving 2009 was a great success! I had a great visit down in Houston with my family. Sadly we had to leave Justin behind so he could work (darn retail jobs). I packed up Leila, Emmalene and half of my house and drove down to Houston for the week, Sunday to Monday. The first Monday that the girls and I were there the three of us plus my Mom drove out to the country to visit with my grandparents (Nana and Papa), my great grandparents (PawPaw and Grandma), and Aunt Cathy, Brandi, Christi and Damian. We had a lot of fun. Leila wasn't too sure how she felt about Damian, she did not like having to share her toys and her Papa with him. I think by the end of the day they were friends though.



We had a fairly short visit down there because we had to get Mom back up to Houston in time for Monday Night Football (they had tickets). Before the game we met up with Laurel and David at Lupe Tortilla for some deeeelicious mexican food. If you ever go there be sure to get the shrimp soft tacos!




On Tuesday Auntie Kay and Uncle Jerry arrived from Tennessee. Wednesday the rest of the gang showed up. Leila got to see her cousin Carrie again and after a little warming up I think the two of them got along pretty well.
Finally the big day arrived! On Thanksgiving we had a full house! Wellens, Gontareks, Barrioses and Taylors. Lots of little ones running and playing, lots of food, lots of football. The food turned out great!









The next day we packed a picnic with all of our leftovers and took the kids to the park. They had so much fun swinging and sliding and running around with Belle. It was good to get everyone out of the house for a bit. Leila was fearless and kept up with the big girls again, scaring Mommy of course! Here is a video of her and Brooke going down the really tall slide.


Pops had to drag her away kicking and screaming!

The last day of family fun time we drove down to Kemah for lunch. We ate at the Flying Dutchman and walked the boardwalk. Leila enjoyed watching the boats pass by the window during lunch, she announced each time they passed if it was a big one or a little one.





It was an awesome week. I am sad that it is over because I enjoyed visiting with my family so much and I know the girls had a really good time. I am happy though to be back home with my husband. I really hope that next year he will be able to join us! I would love to spend a Thanksgiving with my entire family!

1 comment:

  1. looks like ya'll had a blast!!!!! Your family looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails